Dear NYCEMF participants,
The last few days have created a chaotic situation in New York and in the United States due to the spreading coronavirus pandemic. At this time, many concerts, festivals, conferences, and other events have been cancelled, and large gatherings are currently forbidden. International travel is being curtailed. This is truly an exceptional situation, and we have no idea how long it may persist.
Nevertheless, we are NOT cancelling our plans for the festival in June at this time. We realize that we may be forced to cancel it due to circumstances beyond our control, but it is too early to make that determination at this time. We will make our plans in such a way that we will try not to incur any significant expenses until we know that we can proceed, in order than we can refund your registration fees if the festival is cancelled.
Thus, we encourage you to continue to register and make your plans to attend, and we will continue to monitor the situation. We will make a final decision before May 1, which is the last date that you can reserve a room in the New York University dormitories. New York University can also refund your fees for the dormitories before that date.
Hubert Howe, Director